How to Install WooCommerce plugin on an e-commerce website?
Install using the admin panel
The easiest method for Woocommerce WordPress plugin installation is to go to your admin panel, click on Plugins, and then on Add New. If you have not downloaded the plugin already, you can search for the “WooCommerce” plugin in the search bar and click on “Install Now.” If you have downloaded it, click on the “Upload Plugin” option and select the ‘woocommerce.zip’ file on your computer. Click on the “Install Now” button and the installation process will begin. When done, click on the “Activate Plugin” option.
Using FTP Manager
This method can be slightly complicated but can be beneficial for those who are receiving wocommerce plugin update error or installation issues. Moreover, this method offers an exhaustive view of what is happening behind the scenes.
For this method, you will need an FTP manager, such as FireFTP (all platform), Filezilla (all platform), Cyberduck (Mac Only), or WinSCP (Windows only). Firstly, unpack the downloaded ‘woocommerce.zip’ file on your hard drive; you will find a folder named “woocommerce.” Now, select the FTP client of your choice and connect to your FTP account. In general, FTP managers have two sides, in which one is your local drive, whereas the other is your server. Head to your WordPress installation folder and select the wp-content/plugins folder. Now, select the woocommerce folder on the hard drive, select the entire folder, and drag & drop it to the wp-content/plugins folder located on your server.
This Woocommerce WordPress plugin installation process will take some time to finish. Once it concludes, log in to your WordPress admin panel and go to Plugins. You will find your WooCommerce plugin listed with other plugins. Now, all you need to do is click on activate, and you are good to go. If the plugin does not show up, you might have uploaded it into the wrong folder.
A quick guide to setting up WooCommerce plugin
Irrespective of which method you choose to install the plugin, the end result is a successfully installed plugin. However, you might need a minute or two to activate the plugin and go through a quick setup process.
- It all starts with a welcome screen in which you will be asked to run through a quick setup or quit it and setup later. Click on “Let’s Go” to enter the setup process.
- You will be redirected to a page that indicates the pages that are necessary for WooCommerce to work. Click on Continue and let the plugin do its magic.
- After the pages are created, you will be asked to set up your Store Locale. In this section, you can set up attributes like the location of your store and the currency your store accepts.
- You will then be redirected to the Shipping and Tax setup. You can select the options as per your store features and click on Continue.
- Lastly, you will need to fill up payment options, which can be your PayPal address, Cheque, Bank Transfer, etc.
Installing WooCommerce is a quick and easy process; however, you can face some hurdles if you select the FTP process. This was a quick go-through on how to install woocommerce plugin in ecommerce site. If you still could not install the plugin, get in touch with a WordPress expert.